- Government-issued ID (driver’s license, tribal ID, passport, etc.) and a second form of ID (i.e. social security card, credit card)
- Official piece of mail to verify your address (i.e. power or cell phone bill)
- Need to know your social security #, but do not have to bring the actual card unless you are using it as a second form of ID or opening an account for one of your children.
- If you decide to, who you will name as the beneficiary or POD (Payable Upon Death) on your account
- Sign the account agreement papers and keep the copies given to you. Also be sure to keep the copies of the written account disclosures.
- You will receive your account #; make sure to keep this number in a safe place.
- Make your first deposit into the account. The minimum balance required to open an account is $10.00 (this is not a fee).
For those opening an account outside one of the physical offices:
For security purposes, please contact NEFCU directly about account opening inquiries at email@example.com or call NEFCU Staff.